Thursday, May 7, 2009

Week#9 Thing#21

Podcasts. Some of the links are broken and some are blocked from my school, but it was still extremely easy to search and find podcasts. I just did some searching with the keyword "reading" and came up with a wide variety of results. The NPR has lots of podcasts, easy to view without any additonal download of readers or software. Of course iTunes is huge, and I could search for "teen reading" and get several good results.
The problem, of course, can be bandwidth and blocking by district filtering services. This can be solved by downloading at home - which isn't a problem. I subscribed to the NY Times Bestseller Podcast to by Google Reader, now every week I will hear authors, poets and storytellers read their own work. Fantastic! And I found a "Best of.." list by Nancy Pearl and... so much to see and hear, and so little time.
I can see teachers assigning students to view a Podcast, then writing their response in their blog or teacher's wiki. Yes indeed, the times they are a changin'. I'm not sure I'm up to creating a podcast yet, but it is something I will consider for the future. I like knowing the steps involved and can take my time planning what it might look like, before jumping in. Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment