Monday, May 4, 2009

Week #4 Thing #9

As I began exploring some of these links to RSS feeds, I found myself stumbling along from site to site without any real idea of what I was looking for. I was just sort of blindly moving from site to site. I had to make myself slow down and actually LOOK carefully at each site. I made myself a list - what to look for and what kind of things didn't I want to see on these sites. It's such a learning experience to go through these exercises, and realize how little direction we give to students some time. WHAT am I looking for? What SHOULD be here? What SHOULD NOT be on the page?
So, after getting myself organized (very librarianish) these are the sites I liked or did not like
Google Blog Search - Yes - easy on the eyes and easy to navigate. Good responses.
Syndic8.com - No - too busy looking - overwhelming. Probably very extensive - but it just turned me off at the beginning. Just like the cover of a book, I judged the site without much further exploration.
Topix - Yes - News instead of blogs - I liked that a great deal. Again - easy to navigate and attractrive.
Feedster - link broken. A pet peeve. Yes, I could search for the broken link, but by now I'm moving on to something else that actually works.

No comments:

Post a Comment