Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Week#6 Thing#13

Del.icio.us isn't a new idea, I have a vague memory of setting up bookmarks on the web that could be accessed from any of my computers many years ago. It is however, much improved. The capabilities have increased dramatically. You can view other's recommended sites, and the tagging and organization of the websites is just awesome!

So, I like the concept and will create my own account. I will demo this with my studentst when time permits - isn't that one of the most common problems in education today - too much to teach and not enough time to do it. It certainly applies to library instruction and collaboration as well as the regular classroom. I have some teachers that I know will love this for their students and we will incorporate it into our teaching. Many others will not be interested YET. Soon, maybe. I think students will like it, because of that social aspect - sharing with friends. That's the trend right now, and we might as well take advantage of that eagerness and use it as a valid tool for organization and research.

No comments:

Post a Comment