Saturday, May 2, 2009

Week #3 Thing #7

I recently purchased one of the new "mini" netbook computers. It is so small and handy to carry around, I love it! I can search the web, access my email, and still get travel info this summer when I take it on the road with me.

I can definitely see application for schools. They are much less expensive than the traditional laptop, the batteries last longer, and they fit right in the backpacks. I'm actually seeing students bring them to school and using our wireless network to access the internet, etc.

It would be interesting to experiment using these devices as ebook readers in comparision to the Kindle or Sony reader. They would have more flexibility as to uses, and the price is very competitive with the readers. At some point in the near future I see all of our textbooks being distributed digitally, and of course, our library collection has already moved very much in that direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment