Monday, May 4, 2009

Week#5 Thing#11

Web 2.0 Awards - Library Thing
I loved this site for personal use. Isn't it just the thing for librarian's to catalog their own home libraries? Cataloging is a breeze, and there are so many options to personalize the use of the site. I'm always lending books to people, then forgetting who I gave them to and trying to track them down, so this solves that problem quite easily.
As for work uses - looking for the cataloging of those hard to locate items is so much easier to do from here, than creating original cataloging from scratch. I just did a couple of preliminary searches, but they were both successful.
So, to sum it up, Library Thing is useful to librarians at home and at work, free and easy to use. I don't think it would be of much appeal to teenagers, but adults will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment