Friday, May 1, 2009

Week#3 Thing#6

This week I tried out the Trading Card application from Flickr Toys, and created my own card - overloaded librarian at textbook collection time. I was also able to make a card about the original search engine ASK the librarian. The cards were easy to do, the only problem I encountered was the clarity and resolution of the pictures. The cards could then be easily added to my Flickr account.
I can easily see where students would enjoy creating the cards. In the past I have had students create Author and Character Trading Cards - the old fashioned way - card stock and colored pencils. This new application will update that assignment and spark new interest and appeal. I'm really anxious about presenting this idea to some of my teachers, and our Computer/Career classes are looking for ways to update their curriculum - this is terrific!

No comments:

Post a Comment